Monday, August 13, 2012

The Paris Blog

Move over Jay Z and Kanye: it'll be Rachel in Paris soon.

In exactly 6 days, I will be flying on a US Airways flight over the Atlantic Ocean, preparing to touch down at the Charles De Gaulle Airport in the wonderful city of Paris, France. And I will not be flying back home for four months.

I am absolutely nervous, scared, and unbelievably excited.

What am I doing in France for so long? I will be studying abroad for a semester at the Ecole Superieure du Commerce Exterieur, a small business university in the business district of Paris. It is a short metro ride northeast of the Eiffel tower, which is convenient because the university moves halfway during my semester there.

I will be living in an one bedroom studio apartment, all by myself. I will also be flying over to France all by myself (no, this will not end up being like the movie Taken. I get told that it will be everyday).

This blog is primarily going to be my way to let everyone back in the States know what I am up too. I'll  upload the pictures to Facebook, but look here too for more pictures or links related to my roaming around Paris and the rest of France/Europe. "Feldy Takes France" seemed fitting as a blog title, because its a combo of my last name, with the fact that my frantic self will soon be documenting my adventures exploring the streets of Paris.

Right now in this week before I leave, I am working full time, packing, and attempting to move out. My room therefore is a jumbled mess, and I think my roommate might kick me out before I actually am supposed to leave (don't kick me out, please :) ). Get ready for actually interesting (hopefully) posts when I finally land in the city of baguettes, cheese, and wine! (and art, museums, music, history, coffee, etc).

Au Revoir!
Feldy




No comments:

Post a Comment