Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sightseeing on the Seine

Sometimes, when you live by yourself in a foreign country, you have to be a little innovative:


This is my "coffee maker". All the other ones were too expensive, and I don't want to buy coffee everyday, so there it is. 



Orientation for school began on Wednesday, and I made one big observation: no matter what country you are in, orientation is boring. Its the truth, it can't be helped. However, it was great to finally meet everyone else in my exchange program. Out of 200 of us, I am the only person from the United States. Everyone else is primarily from Europe, but there are some from South America and Asia as well. Luckily, everyone speaks English really well and to each other, so the language barrier really isn't an issue at all. By the end of the program our goal is to speak French to one another!

Yesterday we did a boat tour on the Seine river that was organized by our program. Basically, this big boat takes you down the river that runs right through Paris and passes a lot of monuments, like the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the Notre Dame.


The boat


Evelyn and I on the boat


Some sights from the boat


Notre Dame!


Today, a few girls and myself went over to see the Eiffel Tower and hang out in the little park that is right next to it. 


Eiffel Tower! (yes, I already have a thousand pictures of it)


Girls at the Eiffel Tower

Got my class schedule on Friday, and found out I have no classes Monday or Tuesday! Definitely going to be doing some long weekend traveling throughout the rest of Europe. So for me, class doesn't start til Wednesday next week, so I will definitely be doing some more sightseeing this weekend!

Bon soir,
Feldy 



No comments:

Post a Comment