Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Week 11

Week 11. In Drexel terms, its the last week before finals. In Paris, its the last week before finals too.

Three of my four classes here finished this week, with one finishing next week, the day before its own final, how convenient. My two Drexel online classes finish this weekend too. I am beginning co-op interviews.

What does this mean?? 18 days til I am back in the United States, 18 days left in one of the best countries in the world.

TIME FLIES. I need one more year here. Or six months. I'll take that too. Four months. ANYTHING. (sorry, friends and family from home!)

Just when I am super adjusted, I have to pack and go back to Philly again. Seriously, my feet know the route from school back home on their own. I know the grocery store aisles by heart. I thought it was weird hearing English in London.

Now it is time to go around Paris and see everything I haven't yet (yes, there are parts I still need to see) and go back to my favorite places one more time. That is, in between finals and studying :)


17 years old Feldy in France


20 years old Feldy in France

....

Soon to be Feldy in France again??


The other day, I went over to Canal St Martin because I heard it was a beautiful area of Paris and I hadn't seen it yet. First off, it was supa cool seeing a canal working (nerd Feldy) and the shops along the Canal were sooo nice. Wish I had discovered the area earlier!


Pretty Canal St-Martin


So that's how a canal works...

Also, I had to see the other half of the Louvre that I hadn't seen yet.

CONCLUSION: I am not a very big Louvre fan (sorry arts). I much prefer the Centre Pompidou. Its cool to see the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, but all the old Roman/French/Greek/Mediaval paintings get a little similar. The Egyptian section is pretty cool, and Napolean's Apartments and Louis's crown jewels are really neat to see. But the museum is hugeeeee, and I think maybe only if we had DPhiE formal there would it be fun to get lost in the museum. 


I think these would look nice on me.

I do however, really appreciate the fact that I am in Paris, and whenever I want to go to the Louvre I can. Seriously, its free if you're under 25. That is one major thing I will miss about Paris- getting to see super famous monuments just while I am walking around the city. 

Hopefully I will have one more blog post before I leave Paris, but for now, back to finals studying!!

Bon soir,
Feldy 













No comments:

Post a Comment