Friday, October 26, 2012

Barcelona!

Where is Rachel Feldman?

I have been kind of off the face of the earth for the past week and a half with my lack of blog posts. I've been quite busy after Marseille, with two midterms for my school here and two for my online classes, as well as a recent trip to Barcelona!!!

My school is currently on break, so I met up with Jake (friend from Philly who is studying in Amsterdam) in Paris to then fly Ryanair (always a fun experience...) to Barcelona! I'll give more updates later, but here is the basics on Barcelona:

1. It's Spain but isn't Spain...it's the capital of Cataluyna, a region in Spain, which has its own language called Catalan. Catalan looks a lot like Spanish and French's baby, with a few twists of its own. Cataluyna wants to be independent from Spain, and there were Catalan flags displayed everywhere.

2. Cheese tacos, as the menu claimed, are not cheese tacos. It is a plate of cheese with some olives.

3. Churros are absolutely delicious, but they put you in a food coma for a long time after eating them.

4. Montserrat is this huge mountain that is about an hour by train from Barcelona, and it offers some of the best possible views of the city. We hiked all the way to the highest point we could physically go to, and then ended up coming back so late we got stranded on the mountain and had to take a taxi to the train station, instead of a cable car. But it was so worth it!

I'm on top of the world!

5. Barcelona has one of the coolest churches in the world. It was built in the early 1900's by Gaudi, a famous Catalan architect. We waited about an hour to get in but it was so worth it. Pictures don't even do it justice! 



We having been touring around Paris for the past few days, I've taken Jake to the Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur, as well as the Latin Quarter and Montmarte. Today, we are off the the Eiffel Tower and the Arc De Triomphe! Tomorrow, we leave for Amsterdam! So this will be my last post for at least a week and a half, sorry blog world. 

Bonne Journee!

Feldy



No comments:

Post a Comment